The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is the most immersive theme park that we have ever seen!
With so much to do and see, there’s no way to find it all, so we’re here to help!
Doing magic and casting spells is a huge part of this land. The wands are pricey, a whopping $50 each, but a wizarding family may share one and practice through the park.
Brief Bit About Wands
- These are real magic wands so they don’t require muggle batteries, charging, or electricity
- They will only work in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. Sorry, these will be of no use while defending against Death Eaters
- Wands can be used for the life of the wizard, but should your wand no longer work or, *gasp*, break, just take it to Sir Ollivander for a FREE wand repair
- All wands come with a complete map of magic spots throughout Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade
Let’s Do Some Magic!
There are magic spots to do spells in both Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley, but Diagon Alley has significantly more. In fact, Diagon Alley has 25 while Hogsmeade only has 9.
You can tell an area is a magic spot because there will be a gold medallion on the ground indicating the spell and specific wand motion.
To cast your first spell – take a deep breath, wand at the ready, point it firmly in the direction to where you want to produce magic, and make your wand motions slowly and fairly large.
Remember, it’s leviooooosa, not leviosaaaa.
Some spells are harder than others! And some fight back!
Spells in Knockturn Alley are harder to produce because it takes the heart of a dark wizard to Incendio a small bird.
Don’t fret if you can’t seem to cast a spell! Grab yourself a butterbeer and regroup, because trust us, spell casting while frustrated is not wise!
List of Spells
You think you know all of the spells in the Potter-verse? Here’s all of the spells you can use and learn in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Studios:
- Specialis Revelio
- Wingardium Leviosa
- Arresto Momentum
Did you know that there are magic spots that aren’t on the map??? We don’t want to give away all the secrets, but…
Walk over to Scribbulus, the ink and parchment shop in Diagon Alley. You will see a blank piece of parchment in the window. Motion a “W” towards it and you might see a secret message appear!
If you want to find more secret spots, find a witch or wizard for help!
Magic Fun Facts:
Looking to magically get water from the fountain? If the mermaid at the top doesn’t like how you conducted the spell, she might just spit water at you instead of putting it out through the frog in the fountain!
Booby trapped wands? Sirius Black has added extra defenses in his wand so no other wizard can properly use it. Find a shop selling his wand and look carefully at the runes carved into the handle. You’ll notice one mark is just slightly different in the pattern. This is the spot for his thumb. Should any wizard try to use it and not place their thumb in the correct location, the spell is supposed to rebound!
The best time to do spells is dusk or night! It seems that the intense sun disturbs the magic coming from our trainer wands. This is a bonus because it’s usually less crowded at night!
Comments, Questions, be sure to leave them in the Comment Section Below!Links to Associated Wizarding World Content:
- When is the Best Time to Visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter?
- Harry Potters Wizarding World: All About the Magic Wands
- Why Every Harry Potter Fan Needs to Visit Madam Malkin’s
- Ranking Butterbeer's at Universal Orlando Resort
- Wizarding World Spells, Secrets, and Tips
- Treats From The Harry Potter Books That You Can Get in Universal Studios!
- 5 Hidden Details at Escape From Gringotts
- All About the Hogwarts Express
- Hogsmeade vs. Diagon Alley at the Universal Orlando Resort
- Dark Look Inside Borgin & Burkes
This Universal Orlando Guide Post By: Erin Schreiver
Erin loves going to Universal with her family and all things Harry Potter! Check out her bio.
Want to get the lowest price on your Universal Orlando Resort Hotel? Contact Our Recommended Expert Travel Agent